9.27.2009

Intro Part 2

I didn't mention this before, and as it's pretty important, I will do so now:
The purpose of this blog, right now, is to fundraise for the tuition of my year abroad.
Next year, in France, I'll use it to update everyone on all the exciting things I'll be doing.

My goal is to raise $2,500 with this blog. To contribute instantly, click on the "Chip In" gadget on the right.

As I mentioned before, I'm 15. I live in Minnesota. My biggest interests are theater, travel, biking, hiking, movies, reading, cooking, fashion, and people. Oh, and France. That's a big interest too.

I suppose you want to know about my extracurriculars and community service and all those other things that people use to judge the character of high school students. I've been very involved in the student-run theater program at my high school- that would easily be my biggest commitment/interest. I plan to join my school's speech team when the season rolls around, and I do community service projects pretty regularly with my church. Actually, this past summer I went on a trip to New Orleans with my church to attend a Lutheran gathering and do community service in the area. I consider myself a dedicated, vocal student.

My biggest interest aside from theater would probably be travel and being outside. I have been all over the United States, and, whenever given the chance, find myself on my way to some new destination. I am a person who can thrive in basically any environment: I love the wilderness, and I love big cities. For the past two summers, I have gone on 10-day backpacking trips in the Bighorn mountain range in Wyoming with a YMCA camp here in Minnesota. I've gone canoeing in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area up north, and hiked and camped all over the country with my family.

I hope that was satisfactory, and I apologize for how awkward self promotion can be. Let me just say one more thing: I am a very worthy investment.

Thanks for reading this.

Nora Epp

No comments:

Post a Comment